How we do it
Use powerful social listening tools to maximise your insights.
As of 2022, there are 4.62 billion social media users around the world, meaning that businesses who actively conduct market research using social listening have real-time insights from almost half of the global population. With the use of our social listening platform, Mindlab can help you maximise insights and inform strategies in accurate, data-driven ways.
By gathering data from social media, blogs, forums and across the web in general, Mindlab can help you fully understand your customers, your competitive environment, the market trends, and much more. Choose between historical search, which delivers instantaneous results, or collecting real-time data, which uses much more powerful analytics to gather insights on an ongoing basis. Social listening elements can be used as an informative phase to aid in your implicit research, or as a research phase in itself.
Historical search allows us to gather insight from 24 months of retroactive data on your product, brand or industry instantaneously.
With this feature, we can:
- Paint a picture of your brand reputation, the areas in which you are performing well and those where an improvement could be made.
- Track trends, spot spikes in engagement and understand why.
- Capture an in-depth overview into what people are saying and recurring opinions / statements. This can be used to inform stimuli for large-scale attribute importance implicit tests.
- Look at key themes and the overall sentiment.
- Understand what specific terminology is being used to talk about your brand, product or the industry.
- Look at comparisons into how your competitors are performing.
- Gather the demographics of who is posting, including their gender, age and location.
By collecting data through real-time social listening, we can delve even deeper into what is being said about your brand, product or the industry with more powerful and advanced analytical tools.
With this feature, we can:
- Understand how a campaign has affected comms by analysing how your brand or product is being talked about online before and after its launch.
- Access more advanced charts and outputs, such as clustering of key words and presentation of concepts.
- Use data to understand market segmentation, look at the demographics in even more detail, and limit who data is collected from (e.g. exclude those under the legal drinking age for alcohol studies)
- Semiotic analysis can be conducted through looking at visual elements, such as images being posted in relation to your brand and emoji usage.
There are so many more ways we can use social listening to help answer your research questions. Email us or phone us to discuss your research needs in more detail.
Seen what we do but wonder who we do it for?
We thought you might like to see some of the clients we work with...